Computer won't start

Hi,

I've been having problems in both Debian and Windows,
so I'm not sure which one could be causing this (probably
Windows?), but when I turn on my computer right now, it
doesn't start. I get absolutely nothing on my screen except
the default thing that shows up on the monitor if the computer
is turned off and on the older monitor I tried it with it's
just a blank blank space. I hear a little ticking like it's
doing something, but that doesn't last long because when I
put a boot disk in it doesn't go far enough to be trying to
boot of the harddrive/floppy/cdrom. I've tried replacing the
graphics card with a different one so it doesn't look like that's
the problem. My guess is that this is a BIOS problem. Any ideas?
Could a (Windows?) virus have caused this? Is the bios (I have
an AMIBIOS in that computer) replacable? Easily? Inexpenssively?
I'd appreciate some help with this. I'm using a very old computer
right now with a 486 that can barely handle this telnet prompt
in Win95 (I install Debian off the harddrive and don't have
anything downloaded for it in this computer for me to be able to
set it up easily), BTW. I'd appreciate some advice (in private
since this might not be specific to Debian?).

- Bart