Re: diald

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida <quaresma@mat.uc.pt> wrote:

> I am trying to configure diald but without success.

> I have my ppp link working (pon ... poff) but now I whant to try
> diald.

> I have installed the package with "apt-get install diald", I looked at
> the manuals (man diald) and I have created the /etc/diald.optins file,
> but...

> How do I create the other files (connect and diald.configure)?

For connect you can use the chatscript already created for pppd. To
make this work use the following option in diald.options :

connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"

With this options you don't need a /etc/diald/connect file.

I don't know the usefulness of the diald.configure file.

--
Francois Deppierraz      student