Re: ANN: initial sparc potato boot floppies ready for testing

On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

[dbootstrap display on serial console vs `linux' console.
> It already does. The standard dialog is through newt (I think). Depending
> on the TERM, it uses color and/or extended ansi to create dialog boxes and
> such. Being that you are from a dumb terminal, it chooses the least common
> denominator, which is simple text based dialogs.

|# echo $TERM
|linux
|#

Doesn't look like it knows I'm on a `dumb' terminal.

[more stuff snipped]
> > It might have been a permission problem. I noticed that the sun4*
> > directories were empty save for `index.html' (I ran wget on the base
> > directory) I'm getting those right now then trying the http fetch from my
> > local server. Oookay. wget isn't properly getting..
>
> More than likely it was because you caught me in the middle of unpacking
> the stuff :)

*g*

> > And I find that the `network' installer method can't resolv hostnames(!)
> > |nf_http_fetchfile :: xia01.kachinatech.com:80 couldn't be
> > |resolved, Host name lookup failure (errno=2).
> >
> > Funny thing is, I can shell out and resolve hostnames.
> >
> > |# ping debian.midco.net
> > |pavlov.midco.net is alive!
> >

> Odd...well the http method is still being developed, so I guess we will
> see how it goes.

Hmmmm. I can't try an NFSroot install because NFS doesn't want to mount,
and I still don't know WTF is up with floppy support. Slink's dbootstrap
can read the floppies I feed it, but I can't seem to read them after I
boot the installed system.

Do you know of a way I can mount ext2fs under NetBSD?