Re: make-kpkg and /vmlinuz

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 06:57:39PM -0200, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2000, matt garman wrote:
> > my /etc/lilo.conf, but /vmlinuz is a symlink into /boot, which hadn't
> > been updated to point to the new kernel.
> >
> > I thought when I built a kernel with make-kpkg and installed the
> > resulting .deb with dpkg, that either /etc/lilo.conf was updated to see
> > the new kernel, or the /vmlinuz symlink was updated.  Or am I mistaken?
>
> I've noticed the same problem. Looks like a (very recent) bug in
> kernel-package. Please report it to the bug tracking system.

If you check the BTS <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/> this bug has already
been reported (Bugs #54097 and #54126). Both suggest fixes for the
problem. If you have anything to add to either report (besides "me
too!", of course), send to 54097@bugs.debian.org &|
54126@bugs.debian.org. This is easier on the maintainer than filing
extra bug reports on the same subject.

--
  finger for GPG public key.
  8 Jan 2000 - Old email addresses removed from key, new added