No, irssi, I don't want a GNOME panel

According to bug #53088, support for the GNOME panel was recently added
to irssi (in potato). Now, I use a window manager which I believe is
GNOME-aware (fvwm2), but I don't use the GNOME panel. I upgraded irssi
tonight, and now when I start it it fires up the GNOME panel and fails
to actually display anything in its own main window. You can see what
I'm talking about at <http://riva.ucam.org/~cjw44/irssi.jpg>.

I'm reluctant to report this immediately as a bug because my
configuration might be broken in some way. The GNOME panel's pretty and
all that, though, but I'd rather not have to use it just to use a GNOME
IRC client. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's had similar
problems.

Thanks,

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]