Re: cron reports re: suidregister

On 01/07/00 02:22PM, Brian Servis wrote:

> If you have emacs20 installed and movemail is not there then something
> is wrong.  Movemail is included in the emacs20 package and should be
> there, even if you don't use it.  If you have removed emacs20 from your
> system and it left the line in your suid.conf file then that is a bug in
> the emacs20 package.   The proper way to remove the line is to use the
> suidunregister program.  Commenting the line out shouldn't cause
> problems unless you have emacs20 installed and you your system by
> putting movemail back in place.  Then the mode of the file will not be
> checked for possible root exploits via the permisions.

Thanks Brian

It helps when I check the versions of stuff I'm running. I currently
have emacs 20.5 installed, but the movemail error is from 20.3 There
is a movemail in the emacs 20.5 subdirs.

Since 20.3 is no longer installed, then I'll just look at the docs
for suidregister and remove the line.

Since this appears to be a bug, should it be reported even though a
newer emacs package is available?

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (