Re: Apache suExec - how to configure under debian?

Robert Varga wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Stuart Ballard wrote:
>
> > I can't figure out how to get suexec working under debian (latest potato
> > as of last night). The suexec binary seems to be installed in
> > /usr/lib/apache, but I don't get any message about it being found in my
> > error.log (the apache documentation says I should). When I try to enable
> > it by setting a User and Group in a virtualhost directive, I get:
>
> chmod 4755 /usr/lib/apache/suexec

Doing this seemed to work. Thanks!

> put 4755 in /etc/suid.conf in the line of /usr/lib/apache/suexec instead
> of 0755, and change apache-common to user.

I don't have an /etc/suid.conf. Is this a package that I should have
installed, but don't? (I broke my installation early on so I got a very
minimal set of packages; since then I've only installed packages when it
has become clear that I've needed them...)

Thanks,
Stuart.