Re: Apache suExec - how to configure under debian?

> > put 4755 in /etc/suid.conf in the line of /usr/lib/apache/suexec instead
> > of 0755, and change apache-common to user.
>
> I don't have an /etc/suid.conf. Is this a package that I should have
> installed, but don't? (I broke my installation early on so I got a very
> minimal set of packages; since then I've only installed packages when it
> has become clear that I've needed them...)

If you have suidmanager installed, then you have this file. If you don't
have, no probs, no need to install it.

But if you have it installed and you don't do these changes in suid.conf,
then suidmanager will upon every restart clear the suid bit of the suexec
binary, preventing apache to run.

Robert Varga