ISDN SyncPPP problem

I'm trying to configure ISDN on a Debain 2.1 machine 2.2.13 kernel
(isdnutils 3.0beta2). I got HiSax in the kernel as well as support for my
Teles card. I create some scripts to start it (I've edited the scripts a
bit
after updating from Debian 2.0 and a 2.0.34 kernel, where it all worked
fine).
Somewhere along the way it now fails...

/sbin/isdnctrl verbose 3
/sbin/isdnctrl system on
/sbin/isdnctrl addif ippp0
/sbin/isdnctrl eaz ippp0 $LOCALNUMBER
/sbin/isdnctrl addphone ippp0 out $IREMOTENUMBER
/sbin/isdnctrl l2_prot ippp0 hdlc
/sbin/isdnctrl l3_prot ippp0 trans

All goes well... till there!

Next line is:

/sbin/isdnctrl encap ippp0 syncppp
ippp0: SyncPPP support not configured
ippp0: invalid argument

So that's the problem. I do have ppp compiled as a module and inserted:

Module			Size	Used by
ppp		       19392	(unused)
slhc			4128	[ppp]

I guess it might have to do something with ppp being used by unused.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?????

Ron