Re: Setting up 20 equal linux boxes

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Konrad Mierendorff wrote:

> To allow flexible usage the home direcories of all users should be
> stored on the fileserver and should be mounted when users log into the
> clients. The User-Database could be an LDAP-Server.

It is very easy to setup the machines to use the same home directory.
Your server machine would have to run the nfs daemon and export /home
to all the clients.  The clients then mount the /home directory off
the fileserver.  I use this setup on my home LAN.  It's smaller than
your school's LAN, but still the same concept.

hypnos              <mailto:hypnos@m-net.arbornet.org>