Setting up 20 equal linux boxes

Hi,

at my school we are running a Linux server which serves as a
file-/http-server/internetgateway/WinNT-Domain-Master at the moment. In
the near future we will get about 20 new machines which will run Linux
(Debian of course).

To allow flexible usage the home direcories of all users should be
stored on the fileserver and should be mounted when users log into the
clients. The User-Database could be an LDAP-Server.

If anyone has experience with such things please send me your comments,
tell me if there is information available or tell me that I should take
a different approach.

Thanks in advance!

- Konrad Mierendorff