Re: modem RX rate is considerable slower than RX rate

*- On  6 Jan, Shao Zhang wrote about "Re: modem RX rate is considerable slower than RX rate"

> 	I think it is the modem's problem. I have a US Robotics V90
> 	modem, which I think the remote isp does not support it.
>
> 	In the chat script, if I use the initialise command ATZ, I am
> 	able to connect, but only at 33600.
>
> 	If I use the US Robotics V90's initialise command AT&F, I am
> 	able to get the line speed 46600, but then failed to
> 	authentificate with the remote end.
>
> 	What does not make sense is that, the TX rate is so much slower
> 	than RX rate.

I have the same problems.  Try playing around with your mtu and mru
settings. I get better upload times with a mtu/mru of 552 as compared to
the default 1500.  The TX speeds are still not great though.  If you
have in internal network that uses the modem as its internet gateway
then make sure and set mtu of the network port to the same thing.
IPMasquerading and other protocols tend to choke if the mtu/mru's of the
different links in the chain are of different sizes.(no I don't know
why).

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.