Re: modem RX rate is considerable slower than RX rate

* Brian Servis <servis@purdue.edu> writes:

> *- On  6 Jan, Shao Zhang wrote about "Re: modem RX rate is considerable slower than RX rate"
>> What does not make sense is that, the TX rate is so much slower
>> than RX rate.
>>

> I have the same problems.  Try playing around with your mtu and mru
> settings. I get better upload times with a mtu/mru of 552 as compared to
> the default 1500.  The TX speeds are still not great though.  If you

Also note that the TX direction can *never* be more that 33.6K, only
RX makes use of the V.90 features. However if, like Shao says, the
modem connects with only 33.6K, that should be not his problem.

Can it be that compression is only enabled for RX and not TX? Not
that it would make sense but...

Cheers,
  Colin