no linux/videodev.h

I'm trying to get the radio of my Miro Media PCTV pro to work. I downloaded
fmtools, but when running 'make' it comes back to me with
'linux/videodev.h: No such file or directory' and it exits.

Now I've compiled a kernel with modular support for the bttv driver and
video devices, so what am I doing wrong? Hints appreciated. -- Hans

P.S. Can anybody tell me what software for controlling radio might run on a
Slink system? Kderadio, radioactive, qradio and the lot all require more
recent systems.