Re: limiting directories in a virtual host

I have a global deny to all to / (Everywhere)

then i specifically have to allow each virtual host, make sure to disable
symlinks (or use symlinksifownermatch i think is the directive

i strongly sugest not putting any data in a directory that can be accessed
by the www server, that is important, i.e. htpasswd files and
important/secure directories.  if you want further directory-by-directory
security you can use .htaccess files to change permissions on-the-fly to
allow/deny.

nate