Re: installing apache from source

If apache that was installed was compiled with DSO support,
then you should be able to add php support by going into
dselect and and selecting it. DSO means Dynamic Shared
Objects. Search your system for apxs which is the perl
script that allows you to dynamically compile in modules.

Then find your httpd binary and execute it as follows

$ httpd -l

It should list all the compiled in modules. If it lists

mod_so.c

then you have DSO support. If you feel inclined, you can
grab the php source, and compile its module. In the PHP
source you will find INSTALL.DSO where it will explain the
steps to install it.

Good Luck,

brian