Re: CTRL-C Doesn't work??!! ....

> > I've got a system here that I've been building from scratch - just to
> > ***learn*** how Debian / Linux works from the ground up (right from
> > building my own boot disk - initrd, etc.).  I've got everything working
> > great; however....   Hitting CTRL-C does not kill a running process.
> >
> > The only clue I've got is that, sometimes, I get a message "Job Control
> > Disabled" when starting a shell.  Seeing as CTRL-C is a "form" of job
> > control, I'm thinking this might be related.  I'm using BASH as the
> > shell.
>
> I'd suspect that your shell isn't configured or installed quite right.
>
> The fact that you get the "Job Control Disabled" message seems to
> indicate that control-C and the signal Oliver mentions are working
> fine, but bash doesn't think it can do anything.

Thanks for the info.  And, yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.  I put stty
and tset on the "distro" and they reported all the correct things.  Using
stty, I tried resetting intr to another character and that changed things -
however, not for the better.  Pressing non-assigned characters (i.e. Ctrl-E)
shows a ^E onscreen; however, when intr is set to Ctrl-C, pressing that key
combo shows nothing onscreen - in other words, it's being 'captured' by the
shell or something....  Resetting intr to another character has the expected
results.  (That char now doesn't show - and Ctrl-C does.)

So... in conclusion:  Ctrl-C is working fine - the signal is being
received.  However, the shell isn't killing the running process....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin