Re: Unrecognized option: --helpRe: email grabbed by RMAIL emacs

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Thanks!  But this is what I got when I tried the script:
> $ chmod +x mail-to-mail
> $ mail-to-mail RMAIL Archives
> bash: mail-to-mail: command not found
>
> Did I do something wrong?
> PS - do you know a URL on how to use rmail?

Hi Patrick

I think your current directory is not in your path, this is done to
prevent some trojan horses thatyou might be tricked into executing
by the miscreant renaming some evil bit of code ls or cd.

To exectute mail-to-mail, at your command prompt, type

./mail-to-mail RMAIL

You also may have trouble if you actually have spaces in your
archive name.  If your RMAIL archive is indeed named RMAIL Archive,
then you must escape the space (since the shell (the command
interpreter)  will see the space as a separator) you would type

./mail-to-mail RMAIL\ Archive

where I have excaped the space in the n ame with a back-slash, \

Tutorial on rmail? I know no URL. Anybody?
Howevber,  you are running Emacs the self documenting editor
among many other things. You should use info emacs (on my sytem
I don't have emacs, only xemacs, so I say info xemacs)

then I used control-s rmail to search for rmail, I found it
right away. Let me know how you do in using info. It responds
to the same sorts of commands that emacs does.

YOu also have info inside emacs, use control-h i to get to info,
the read the tutorial. Please read the emacs faq as well.

Luck to you!

David

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)