Re: 2 questions on apt-get

Ulrich Hansmair wrote:
  >1. After apt-get update/upgrade I always get the standard kernel-image and
  >pcmcia-modules which overwrites my own compiled versions. How can I exclude
  >this packages from being upgraded?

Read the docs for kernel package and use --revision=... when building your
own kernel.  You have to ensure that your local kernel .deb is a later
release than the standard one.

  >2.apt-get upgrade gives the following message:

  >The following packages have been kept back:
  >dpkg-dev kernel-package perl perl-base
  >
  >I wanna this packages be included in the normal upgrade-procedure. What is t
      >he
  >appropriate action?

They are kept back because of dependencies on some other packages; these
dependencies cannot be satisfied if they are upgraded.

You must either remove packages that are causing the problem, or wait for
new versions of the problem packages to become available, or (if you
know what you are doing) force the installation of the packages you
want upgraded.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love