Re: Configuring a monitor?

> Exactly. The power goes off while booting. It has something to do with
> BIOS settings, I think, (not linux) (PnP BIOS) All the 'Advanced power
> management...' and so on are 'disabled'. No 'power-saving features are
> compiled in'. It seems to be the case that if I shut down the machine
> completely before booting linux it normally works. I think that I just
> forgot again to stop the machine completely (just rebooted win and hit F8
> while rebooting to get into DOS. There is win95 installed on the same
> hd and I'm using 'loadlin'. (It was impossible to get lilo working
> with this machine.) With win95 the power goes off automaticly, when I stop
> the os.)

I wouldn't put it past Win95 to try and use APM even though you have it
turned off in the BIOS.  One thing that might be worth a try is going into
Control Panel, double click on "Power" and un-check the box next to "Allow
Windows to manage power use on this computer."  I'm not sure if that would
help or not, but I don't know what it could hurt.