Re: Configuring a monitor?

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> > On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Mark Wagnon wrote:
> >
> The actual power goes off while booting?  To your whole machine?  Linux
> cannot do this, AFAIK.  (Unless with power-saving features compiled
> in?)  You have a severe hardware problem.

Exactly. The power goes off while booting. It has something to do with
BIOS settings, I think, (not linux) (PnP BIOS) All the 'Advanced power
management...' and so on are 'disabled'. No 'power-saving features are
compiled in'. It seems to be the case that if I shut down the machine
completely before booting linux it normally works. I think that I just
forgot again to stop the machine completely (just rebooted win and hit F8
while rebooting to get into DOS. There is win95 installed on the same
hd and I'm using 'loadlin'. (It was impossible to get lilo working
with this machine.) With win95 the power goes off automaticly, when I stop
the os.)

> Power supply?
There is nothing wrong with that. Cf above.

-
hv