Magicfilter and printing (Epson stylus 400)

1)
Earlier while still using 'hamm' I wrote my ps.filter by using the
documentation provided by Lyx customization doc. I used an old matrix
printer to print ps- and text-files. It worked quite well.

2)
When switching to slink I purchased a cheap Epson Stylus color 400 and
installed 'magicfilter'.

As being new to 'magicfilter' it took some time to find out that I
have to run 'magicfilterconfig' to get it working at all.

Now I managed to get the printer printing text-files perfectly just by
selecting the right device while configuring.

What about printing ps-files and other kind of files? Should I write
myself ps-filter or how is done with 'magicfilter'? (The man page isn't
very clear and in the docs there is almost nothing about it.)

-hv