Re: gtk-config

I had some problems with glib, gtk, and gnome in the past.

As you just pointed out to me earlier, you can easily download the
source from unstable and build your own package.  I think it is best
to do this and not run unstable.  At least if you don't want to deal
with the possibility of a broken system.

I agree that unstable is very stable, but you can run into the
occasional problem.  I just wouldn't suggest anyone run unstable
unless they are fairly familiar with Linux.  New users shouldn't have
to worry about these problems.  You're obviously more knowledgable
than a beginner.  I think most beginners wouldn't be able to
troubleshoot the Netscape problem.

Speaking of xmms, thanks for the suggestion of building the packages.
I did get xmms working without the broken dependencies.  I was
wondering how Debian dealt with these issues.

Kevin