Re: gtk-config

I just ran into a similar problem.  You probably need libgtk1.2.  You
can get updated libglib1.2 and libgtk1.2 packages from
ftp://ftp.netgod.net/x.  Use dpkg to install them and then retry.  You
might also need libglib1.2-dev and libgtk1.2-dev to get the updated
gtk-config script.

Check the messages during compiling.  It is probably looking for a
libgtk >= 1.2.

I wouldn't upgrade to potato.  I used to run a system from unstable
and it worked fairly well but I finally got burned.

Kevin