Re: Extra serial ports

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Nico De Ranter wrote:

> for a test setup I need a PC with 4 serial ports (ppp server).
> Can I simply plugin any PCI board with 2 serial ports or will
> I need any hardware specific drivers?  I believe this used to work
> fine with an ISA board with 2 serial ports but I have never tried
> a PCI version and I can only find PCI serial boards nowadays.
> I guess it should be fine but it would be nice if somebody could
> say "Hey, I tried it and it works without problems".

I would also like to hear the answer to this.  I have tried it some time
ago but in the end removed the extra serial card because I never could get
all the serial ports to work.  I suppose there may have been IRQ clashes
which I did not know how to solve.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
      for instruction in righteousness;"
                                     II Timothy 3:16