Re: alsa modules

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 10:30:05AM +0200, Lex Chive wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just installed and compiled alsa. In alsa-base there is a script
> /etc/init.d/alsa which preloads all the sound modules. Doesnt that ruin the
> purpose of modules, which is after all to save memory when it's not needed
> (well, at least part of the purpose)? Or is there some issue specific to alsa?
> kmod seems to handle the autoloading well enough.
>
> -Lex

Agreed. Someone a while back posted a "clever" script to this list that
fixed all of the sound problems people were having by preloading everything.
I'm with you: I have 32 modules right now in /lib/modules/2.2.7 and the
only one loaded at boot time is for my ethernet card, via-rhine.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com