Re: Initial thoughts about Debian 2.1 (and I need some help!)

At 12:07 PM 8/1/99 , you wrote:
You just answered your own question: "In some multi-user environments .."

On my system at home (where I'm the only user) I don't want anything
scrolling (or being cleared) off the screen just because I've logged
out.

At work, it's a different story.

And somebody had to choose the default and leave it for we who don't
care for it to change our own environment.

Cheers,
Pann
--
What's All the Buzz About Linux?                    L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\

It isn't an issue for me either. At home I am the only user, and besides
I always use X/Xdm for logging in. Very rarely do I login through a console.

Of course, if I were using Debian it work then it would definitely matter.
--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT interlog DOT com