Re: Initial thoughts about Debian 2.1 (and I need some help!)

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 10:34:09PM -0400, Salman Ahmed wrote:

> In some multi-user environments this type of behaviour (ie the screen not
> getting cleared after a user has logged out) could almost be considered
> a security risk seeing as how another user could see what the last user
> had been doing. Granted this is not that big of a deal but I am surprised to
> see this as default behaviour in Debian when other distros like RH already
> do this by default. I am just curious, not wanting to start a flame war!!

You just answered your own question: "In some multi-user environments .."

On my system at home (where I'm the only user) I don't want anything
scrolling (or being cleared) off the screen just because I've logged
out.

At work, it's a different story.

And somebody had to choose the default and leave it for we who don't
care for it to change our own environment.

Cheers,
Pann
--
What's All the Buzz About Linux?                    L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\