Re: Xlib, or I'm an idiot...again

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Jor-el wrote:

> [ list changed to debian-user since this definitely belongs there ]
>
> Dale,
>
> 	You need to read the xauth man page.
>
> 	You probably tried to start the programs in question after su'ing
> to an id which was not the id used to enter your X session. Right?

Right on the nose!

I had su'd to root to install the new mozilla package to try it, and
hadn't dropped back.

I don't think I've had this experience before with root. What happened to
my "super user" capabilities?

Now the newly compiled xcircuit can be run from the prompt, and mozilla
comes up to the splash screen before it reports a segfault ;-(

Neither of the new programs will run from the menu. Is menu broken, or has
it just changed and my package and mozilla haven't caught up?

Thanks for the pointers,

Dwarf