Init takes long time and what is lspci?

Debian Potato.

Last queation first: what's lspci? I get the message that lspci is not
found so no PCI conflicts are calculated when I boot. I presume it's
in pciutils but who do I know if I need it or not? I bought the
computer in november '96 and I really don't know/remember what's in
it. (I gave up keeping track of all new standards when SVGA meant
"better then 640x480x16" and the i486 came.)

When I boot, init prints out "INIT 2.74" (?) and then it stops for
10-20 seconds and then continues with "NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0
for Linux NET4.0." which takes another 5-10 seconds. Anyone who knows
why this happens? Is it trying to get some information from somewhere
or what? Before I changed to the 2.2.10-kernel (see other thread) this
did not happen. Or is it perfectly normal?

--
( Jonas Steverud  @  www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d4jonas/ !    Wei Wu Wei    )
( U2MoL, Roleplaying, LaTeX, Emacs/Gnus, SCWM, etc. ! To Do Without Do )