Re: Initial thoughts about Debian 2.1 (and I need some help!)

On Sun, Aug 01, 1999 at 10:58:46AM +0200, P. van Tilburg wrote:

> > (1) For console logins, how can I get the console screen to
> > be cleared after a user logs out ? RedHat 5.2 seems to do it by
> > default (ie without playing with any config files).
>
> that is done by create a file in the homedir called
>
> .bash_logout
>
> if you put in there the line:
> clear
>
> the screen will be cleared by logout...
> an advise: put that file in /etc/skel to if you want the feature
> enabled for future user-accounts you make.

Is it just me or does this not work for the root account?
it doesn't worry me much since i have an alias in .bashrc which says
alias cl='clear;exit'

but i tryed it this way and while it worked for normal users it did not for root. Probably the most imprtant user to not have people looking at.. though maybe not.

thanks,

tim

--
Tim Nicholas
tubby@albatross.co.nz               ICQ# 15869961

"Let the frantic Goddess and delerious drunk cry together in shadow for the puppys sad stare, the forest and the death of the moon."