Re: Goodbye, people!

Assuming you still haven't got your CD-ROM working, tell me the answers
to these questions and they might be enough to establish what you need
to do to get your cd working:

what kernel version are you using? - I might be able to compile you a
module for that kernel.
Do you have any other kernel versions on your debian CD? (to find this
out, boot from the rescue disk, press alt-F2, enter to open the shell,
mount /dev/hdd /mnt, cd /mnt/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/base,
ls kernel*)

If you have you could copy these files onto your harddisk once you have
mounted some partitions, then carry on with the install.
Then when you need the cdrom drive, use alt-F2 to get to another login
prompt, login there, change to the directory where you copied the CD to,
dpkg -i kernel* and hopefully that kernel will have the iso9660 module
in it.
Then you can reboot, and try accessing your CD then. type dpkg and that
will get you into the debian package managemnt system.

If you need any further help/questions, I'll help you if I can,

Frankie

http://www.skunkpussy.freeserve.co.uk
begin:vcard
n:;Frankie