Re: path problems?

*-Emil Soleyman <emil79@uclink4.berkeley.edu>

| Hello,
| I have been trying to install Window Maker on my Debian system but with no
| avail. It is recommended to install the following tarballs in this order:
| libPropList, WindowMaker-data, WindowMaker-0.51
|
| The problem that I am having has to do with the WindowMaker-05.1
| installation. After having ran ./configure I receive the error message
| saying the following:
|
| 	Checking    X ................... no
| 	Checking    -lLibPropList ... no
|
| 	** LibPropList not installed!
| 	** Please install LibPropList
|
| --> LibProplist is installed in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.
| --> X-Windows is installed in /usr/X11R6 and its config files are in /etc/X11
|
| However, I have both LibPropList and X-Windows installed and believe the
| culprit to be the global path, but since i'm new to Debian Linux it's
| difficult to know what is exactly happening.

You probably need xlib6g-dev. Without it you can run but not compile
X programs.

Is there a reason not to use libproplist from debian? If you
install the -dev package of that too, it should work (unless
wmaker needs a newer version).

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s P&aacute;l)