Re: Wordperfect 8.0 install

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Syrus Nemat-Nasser wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Brian Morgan wrote:
>
> > Could someone walk me through how to install the new wp8 suite?  I've
> > downloaded the guilg00.gz file, and now I'm not sure what to do.  I tried
> > installing this on another machine before, with no luck.  I seem to remember
> > a flood of questions about the wp install script and problems it was having
> > early on.  I don't want to proceed without some direction here.  Any
> > suggestions?  Any package dependencies I need to be aware of?
> >
> > I'm running slink, X is running (using icewm).

I had some problems first with installing it, but it works now.

1) I put the file first in /tmp
2) Then used tar -zxvf filename.gz (to untar-gunzip it.)
3) Then I used ./Runme as 'su' to start the installation- program.
4) wp8 starts by running ./xwp under resulting /wpbin directory.

I did all of this under x in xterm-window. The installation program
worked while running it as 'root', but the resulting wp8-program didn't.

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi