Re: Wordperfect 8.0 install

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Brian Morgan wrote:

> Could someone walk me through how to install the new wp8 suite?  I've
> downloaded the guilg00.gz file, and now I'm not sure what to do.  I tried
> installing this on another machine before, with no luck.  I seem to remember
> a flood of questions about the wp install script and problems it was having
> early on.  I don't want to proceed without some direction here.  Any
> suggestions?  Any package dependencies I need to be aware of?
>
> I'm running slink, X is running (using icewm).

I had no problems, and I used the WP install script(s) as I recall. First,
I suggest that you install in /usr/local/wp. Then, /usr/local/wp/bin (or
whatever the bin directory is) must be in your path. In order to run wp,
you need the libc5 runtime libraries. I already have these installed
because I use Maple VR4 for Linux as well. With the proper libc5 support
installed you should have no major problems.

Thanks. Syrus.

--

Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu>    UCSD Physics Dept.