Mouse again!

   I posted something about my mouse not working after installing a new ViRGE
card on my Linux box,  but none of the suggested solutions have been
succesful. Therefore, I will explain the problem again. Basically, the mouse
is only marginally recognized: sometimes, if I move it, the cursor appears
for a while, but it doesn't move. Some other times, it moves far too fast,
rendering it useless.

   Since with my old VGA card, the mouse works great, and it works fine
under Windows with the new card, I am at a loss here. My BIOS settings have
a com1 at 0x3f8, irq 4, and a non-PnP OS, automatic IRQ assignation and
resetting enabled. It's one of this Award PnP BIOS's you seem to get
everywhere these days.

   Yesterday, I got hold of a matrox millenium gfx card, and swapped my S3
ViRGE for it. The problem stays with the new card, and the card doesn't work
properly.

   I read that there might be something to do in /etc/vga/libvga.config, but
I've tinkered about with that to no avail.

   I'd be *REALLY* grateful if anyonce could send me some information (or to
the list), as I can't use either gpm or X, and I need to get to X to finish
some work!!!!

   Thanks a lot.
   Jose

--