Re: sound with 2.2.1

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 06:39:46PM -0500, Robert Rati wrote:
> I had sound working in kernels 2.0.35 by compiling it as a module and
> giving it the correct parameters.  The 2.2.1 kernels have separated out
> the sound options and now I can't enter any card info when I modularize
> the sound.  I have an onboard sound card that is SB 16 and WSS 2.0
> compatible.  I got it working in kernels 2.0.35 by using the SB driver and
> card info.  Currently, I can't get the sound to work, although it seems
> like it should be working now.  The major difference in kernel compile
> info is I used to install the /dev/dsp and /dev/audio support, but I can't
> seem to kind this in the 2.2.1 kernels.  Can anyone give me some help?
>
> 								Rob
Rob,

With the latest kernels many of the sound hardware details need to
be specified in /etc/conf.modules (or included when invoking
insmod).  You'll want to check out the docs in the kernel sources
"Documentation/sound/" directory.  (The Sound-HOWTO isn't up to
date on this, AFAIK.)

Hope this helps.

Curt Daugaard
cld@mcs.net