Wordperfect 8.0 install

Could someone walk me through how to install the new wp8 suite?  I've
downloaded the guilg00.gz file, and now I'm not sure what to do.  I tried
installing this on another machine before, with no luck.  I seem to remember
a flood of questions about the wp install script and problems it was having
early on.  I don't want to proceed without some direction here.  Any
suggestions?  Any package dependencies I need to be aware of?

I'm running slink, X is running (using icewm).

Thanks,

Brian Morgan