Re: Thinkpad 365x

Debian user wrote:
>   i'm new to this list and my english is not as good as i would like but
> i'll try to explain my problem.
>   I use debian 2.1 since some time now, and i wanted to use it on a laptop.
>   I buyed an old Thinkpad 365x (Pentium 100) HD:810Mb IDE and 24Mb of RAM,
> and tryed to boot with a bootdisk made by rawrite2.

I have a 365xd (same deal, just has a cd-rom drive) and I found that it
doesn't like kernels that are compressed with bzip. gzipped kernels
work. I didn't have any problems with the tecra disk though.

It's been a while since I ran linux on this laptop, but I believe it was
a 2.0.34 kernel.

--
Greg "Tower" Starkes (gstarkes@tucows.com)
Webmaster, Tucows Linux (http://linux.tucows.com/)

    "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."
    				-Neil Peart, Rush, "Show Don't Tell"