Re: Territorial Legal Issues and FTP Archives (was Re: Quake is GPL)

[snip]
>>Why not? Here in the Netherlands mp3's and mp3
>>encoders are not
>>illigal.
>
>>BTW I can't think of any software that would be
>>illigal here.
>
>But they have to be legal on the non-US mirrors as
>well as the main non-US FTP site.  Isn't that why
>quake isn't included, because Germany and Argentina
>have it illegal?  So if several countries with Debian
>mirrors have laws against mp3 encoders it wouldn't be
>in non-US, even if it was legal in the Netherlands.

I don't understand why the non-US mirrors should be
a problem here. Non-US is there to host packages that
are illigal in other contries (like the US ;-) and
if another country has a problem with that then:

DON'T MIRROR!

Regards,

Onno