Re: Territorial Legal Issues and FTP Archives (was Re: Quake is GPL)

>> The idea with non-US is mainly to offer encryption
software. (illegal
in
>> US)

>Encryption software is not illegal in the US.  It is
>illegal to export
>it
>from the US and therefor illegal to put it up on a
>public site
>accessible
>from outside the US, but it is perfectly legal to
>import it into the US
>and use it here.

Okay, so it's illegal for it to be ONLINE in US,
because effectively anything on the internet and most
BBSes can be accessed outside the US. What I meant.

=====
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4874/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf