Re: Territorial Legal Issues and FTP Archives (was Re: Quake is GPL)

country with good
connectivity

>>> pandora is already in a perfect location...
>>
>>Thought we can't upload mp3 encoders to pandora?  Or
is that just
because
>>some mirrors couldn't handle it?

>Why not? Here in the Netherlands mp3's and mp3
>encoders are not
>illigal.

>BTW I can't think of any software that would be
>illigal here.

But they have to be legal on the non-US mirrors as
well as the main non-US FTP site.  Isn't that why
quake isn't included, because Germany and Argentina
have it illegal?  So if several countries with Debian
mirrors have laws against mp3 encoders it wouldn't be
in non-US, even if it was legal in the Netherlands.

>Regards,

>Onno

=====
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4874/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf