dselect+apt -- how to clear cache?

I've made some bad move while using dselect one day, and now I have 40
packages triggered for removal. 8-( Oh horror!

I figure that this is saved in some file, for any time I try to
install a package with dselect now, it wants to remove the 40 packages
along with installing the new ones. This happens when I choose
"install".

,----[ This is what I see: ]
| The following packages will be REMOVED:
|   netscape-base-4 libmd5-perl libcurses-perl debhelper nosql
|   libcompress-zlib-perl libtime-hires-perl libdelimmatch-perl perl
|   debmake libhtml-parser-perl sysutils libterm-readkey-perl
|   procmail-lib dupload navigator-smotif-45 netscape-base-45
|   perl-5.004-doc xkeycaps dftp cvs-buildpackage perl-suid
|   libio-stringy-perl devscripts pkg-order signify liblockdev0-perl
|   dpkg-dev quake2 netscape-java-45 perlmenu navigator-base-45 dpkg-ftp
|   libnet-perl libmime-base64-perl dpkg-repack xaw-wrappers debsums
|   alias alien
| 14 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 40 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
| 1 packages not fully installed or removed.
| Need to get 4745kB/11.3MB of archives. After unpacking 30.3MB will be freed.
`----

Is there any way I could tell dselect that thank you, I want my system
left just the way it is right now. I want to clear that list of
packages lined up for removal.

Thanks for any input!
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who