Re: Package Phase of Install Fails

On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 06:01:29PM -0800, Hagen Finley wrote:

> within dselect. I saw a login take place etc. However, I remain unclear
> about what exactly is taking place within dselect. Is dselect installing
> packages from the base install or does everything dselect wants live on the
> ftp site?

dselect is getting the packages from wherever you pointed it at, which
if you pointed apt at a FTP site will be that FTP site.

> Also my update apparently overwrote my dial-in package option - is there a
> simple way to tell dselect I want those packages again? - that does not
> appear to be an option within dselect.

It wasn't possible in slink, but potato has a package called "tasksel"
or something, which looks at the various task-* packages.  Within
dselect you'd select task-*.

For dialup you can probably get everyhthing you need with the ppp and
pppconfig packages (you don't need the latter, but it's much easier than
configuring by hand).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/