Re: Upgrade to potato left Perl 5.004 behind??

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 09:01:32PM -0500, Brian Servis wrote:
> Perl 5.005 and Perl 5.004 are significantly different in their
> compatibility that it was decided to make two independent packages of
> the two that can coexist on the system.  You can install the perl-5.005

I tried using dpkg to install perl 5.005, but it complained there was a
conflict with the already installed 5.004 package.  I am attempting to
set up enough to get dselect to work, maybe it will do something.

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
Niklaus Wirth has lamented that, whereas Europeans pronounce his name correctly