Re: TERM=xterm-debian

thats just how it is ..it depends on what "xterm" you use,  I use
gnome-terminal(used to use kvt) and don't have a problem. This SGI Indy
I'm on set's it's default terminal to iris-ansi.  Slackware (3.2
anyways) had in the /etc/profile a detection routine for terminal type and
if it failed detection it would default to something, I usually just throw
a export TERM=vt100 into my /etc/profile or .profile if you dont have
root.  I think for 99% of things vt100 will work, for the other 1% change
them on an individual basis(i've never found a terminal app that didnt
work with vt100- although using vt100 on this SGI causes some screwy lines
but it does work..)

nate