Re: TERM=xterm-debian

*- On 23 Dec, Andrew J.F. Clark wrote about "TERM=xterm-debian"
> Whenever I use ssh (I'm not sure about telnet) to connect to the
> slakware boxes at work through an xterm or rxvt and try to use pine and
> pico etc, I get an error about unknown terminal xterm-debian (or rxvt).
> I can solve this by export TERM=xterm, but I'm just wondering if there
> is any particular reason debians xterm set TERM to this and if there
> isn't, how do I change it so that it doesn't anymore.

FAQ: Read /usr/{share/}doc/xterm/README.Debian

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.