Re: Installing Debian-2.1 on a Compaq DeskPro EN Series Workstation

    NDR>  I have a number of Compaq Deskpro EN's and EP's. Everything
    NDR> works fine except for one major problem: about 1 out of 3 times
    NDR> I boot the keyboard will go completely dead (you can still
    NDR> logon through the network however).

Does this also happen when you boot NT workstation ? So far, I have
(re)booted my DeskPro EN system a number of times and the keyboard (and
other HW) has been fine.

    NDR> Personaly I wouldn't go for Compaq.

Neither would I. I prefer either a PC clone with components individually
spec-ed out, or one of the newer Dell systems. But, frankly, I'll take
whatever I can get to run Debian on ;)

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com