Re: SoundBlaster 16 PCI configuration?

If lspci lists the card as ES1371, this should be quite simple. I
believe all you need to do in the kernel config is to:

1) enable sound card support
2) enable support for the ES1371

Plug and play doesn't matter in this case, nor should it matter whether
you compile the driver into the kernel or as a module. I have an ES1370
card (Sound Blaster PCI64) and, for what it's worth, I compiled it into
the kernel.

For PCI cards you don't have to be concerned with specifying the IRQ,
DMA etc.

Good luck,
Tom