SoundBlaster 16 PCI configuration?

Seasons greetings to all...

I am trying to configure Soundblaster 16 PCI cards to run in Dell Optiplex machines.

If I use lspci it tells me that the card is an ensoniq es1371 device with address dcc0 and
IRQ 11, but no other information

I am trying to compile a kernel for this.

Do I include PnP support?
Do I configure for  the 1370 and/or 1371 drivers, or the Soundblaster drivers.

If the Soundblaster, what values do I use for the DMAs, and the other IO addresses and
IRQs

Should I compile them into the kernel, or leave them as modules?

I am trying to use the v2.2.1 kernel under slink.

With the time I have spent messing with this, this cheap card is turning out to be *very*
expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help,
 Dave Whiteley